Перевір, наскільки добре ти знаєш медичні терміни та широковживані вирази англійською.
1. If pain disappears and then comes back again, it’s referred to as “________” pain.
2. We’ll have to _____ ( = do) some blood tests.
3. I need you to _________.
take a heavy breath
make a deep breath
take a deep breath
4. I ______the patient last week – He seemed very healthy.
5. Your test came back __________. You are healthy!
6. If someone is HIV-__________, it means that they have the HIV virus.
7. If you give someone a “clean _________”, it means that you have determined that the person is completely healthy.
bill of health
sheet of health
paper of health
8. What’s another word for “doctor” ?
9. My mother has a _____________of needles = She is afraid of needles
10. Hopefully we can ___________ ( = find out) what’s wrong with you.
11. Take these pills – they’ll help ___________( = diminish) the headaches.
12. If someone asks you to _________to your waist, it means they would like you to take off all the clothes above your waist. ( = your shirt, blouse, etc.)
13. What are some of the ________of this medicine?
14. I’m going to prescribe some _________ for you.
15. If something is “sensitive ________”, it hurts when you touch it.
to the touching
to the touch
16. I’ve __________since I was a little girl.
had a migraine
17. _________________ = Put your clothes on
Get dressed up
18. What’s the opposite of the question above?
19. _________ when I touch it?
Is it pain
Does it hurt
Is there anguish
20. Some physical symptoms are actually caused by _______ or stress.